Interworks Group LLC is looking to fill a part-time or full-time Accountant / Bookkeeper position.
Interworks Group is an Accounting Services Partner that provides outsourced bookkeeping, accounting services and consulting for start-ups and small businesses. Our services include bookkeeping, customer invoicing and accounts receivable management, vendor payment and payables management, payroll processing, financial reporting, budget development and strategic planning, project costing and accounting, cashflow management, and various analytical and consulting services. We service clients in the following industries – retail, ecommerce, professional services, non-profit, contractor/trades, manufacturing, and logistics.
The Bookkeeping position will focus on bookkeeping and accounting for our small business clients. At least 5 years of Quickbooks Desktop experience is required, and 2-3 years of QuickBooks Online is preferred. The ability to create/implement accounting systems for businesses that are not only tax compliant, but also provide managerial insight into business operations is a plus but not required for this bookkeeper position.
Work will be performed at our clients’ locations (all in Cleveland area) and in our Cleveland office in Little Italy.
This is an hourly position but could be a salary position for the right candidate. After 6 months, there will be opportunities to telecommute on occasion. This is a great opportunity to get on the ground floor of a growing company. Fun office environment, flexible work schedules, relaxed dress code (except no pajamas), stocked with snacks, and even free water. Yes, free drinking water! We are located in the heart of Little Italy where pizza and cannoli flow freely through the office walls.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Full-service bookkeeping and payroll;
– Accounts Payable management including vendor bill pay;
– Setting up client companies in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online, maintaining their books, reconciling accounts, financial reporting;
– Some oversight of other bookkeepers;
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
– At least 5 years of Quickbooks Desktop experience is a MUST. If you do not have 5 years of Quickbooks experience, do not respond to this ad.
– Understanding of basic accounting principles, and the ability to apply those principals is CRITICAL.
– Excellent client communication and organizational skills
– Experience accounting for project-based companies a PLUS
– Very good knowledge of automated accounting systems and Excel are CRITICAL.
– Ability to work independently and think critically in a fast-paced environment.
– 2-3 years of Quickbooks Online experience is a MUST
– Ability to quickly learn and adapt to other accounting software — Peachtree, Zoho, Xero, Sage, Freshbooks, Tsheets, Wave.
– Tax preparation experience is a plus
compensation: varies with experience
employment type: part or full